Sunday, December 11, 2016

NOW DAZE.....

Oh I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece
While I sipped champagne on a yacht
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things
That a woman ain't s'posed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me
Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie. A fantasy we create about
People and places as we'd like them to be.

When I started to write this I was at a very low point in my life.  Trying to accept that all the things that I had dreamed of as a young boy/man were never going to eventuate.  Writing this blog has been more than a reflection for me, it has been a revelation. A revelation of many things.  Some good, many bad, but all of them an integral part of the person that I am.
 
 
As I stated in my very first blog, I was writing this for me and I am so glad that I did.  I haven't written for a while because I have actually been writing a book which is now finished and published.  We will get to that later......
 
Currently I'm not sure if I will continue with this blog as I plan to continue writing.  It's something I have always wanted to do and something which I never truly thought I could do - until now.  This blog has allowed me to deal with aspects of my past and appreciate them for the valuable lessons which, finally, I have been able to glean from them.
 
This past year has been one of adventure and discovery.  I've been to fabulous places that I have always dreamed of going to and done things that I always wanted to do. More importantly I have discovered that trying to look back and re-create what was is just a way of hiding from the present.  A way escaping from the reality of what is.  I've discovered that time marches on and waits for no man.  I've also discovered that the wealth of experiences that are our lives are a treasure to be tapped into.
 
That's what I have been doing for the past two months. I've been tapping into the wealth of treasures that are my experiences and letting them flow with the fantasies I have created over the years.  What I found was that for the first time in years I was actually doing something which gave me inner satisfaction.  Something which came from the heart and not from an altered mind state.
 
 
I first started writing when I was 18 going on 19, shortly after my early days on the streets of Sydney and Adelaide.  I can still vividly remember the opening paragraphs of my story. I had intended to continue this story but in re-writing I found myself caught up in the pre-introduction and this became the novel which I finished.  
 
They say write about what you know.  I did.  I used my experiences and knowledge to craft a story about coming out, about discrimination, about drugs, and about heartache in the early 1980's.  It's by no means a literary masterpiece but I truly believe it's a very good story.  It will make you laugh, it will certainly make you cry and it will make a lot of you empathetic with the characters and their experiences.
 
I would venture to say that my writing style is a cross between Mills and Boon and Queer as Folk!

The novel is called 'When Boys Kiss Boys' and currently is available as an E book on Fast Pencil Publications  (soon to be available on Amazon and Kindle).  It's only 260 odd pages, but I think there is a lot in those pages and hope that you may want to give it a read. The cost is only USD $2.50 so it should be affordable to all.  You are the first audience I have shared with as the book was only published a week ago.  
 

Here is the link to allow you to preview my book.  https://www.fastpencil.com/products/TEZ1KTUFE5LF
 
I really hope some of you will venture further and buy the book.  
 
I will still continue with this blog but will also begin another blog directly related to the book.  That is in between  writing my second novel.  This will be the original book I was hoping to write and also a sequel to When Boys Kiss Boys.


I will keep you updated.

Until next time Stay Fabulous and Be Glamorous.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment